Thursday, June 17, 2010

Little handbag!

I am so excited to show off my newest project! I made this little handbag out of a new line of Moda fabric!

The girls at our church made these as a secret sister gift for girls camp this year! The intentions were for the girls to bring their scriptures in them to church! There is a pocket on the front of the bag and then I made another little pocket for pens, highlighters, or chap stick!


Here is a picture of the inside!

Don't look at my flaws, this was my first one! I intend to fix my mistakes on my next ones that I will make! I am in the process of opening an ETSY store! My question for all of you reading this is if you would purchase one of these if you saw them in a store?
I also think that I will make some bigger sizes as well! I need feedback, what do you think?





17 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Bright and fun fabric. I think they would make great tote bags. They are really cute in this smaller size, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a longer strap...that might make a nice camera bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy it. I like having a bag for each "thing" so I don't have to switch back and forth. A Bible bag would be a great addition to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag....and the fabric! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to make me a cute one since I won't have to haul my mondo primary binder around anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would for sure buy one - I LOVE it! I've been wanting to get my daughter a cute scripture bag and this is as cute as any I've seen. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a real eye for matching fabrics; this is fun and fabulous! What girl wouldn't want to have one??!! Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this handbag, the colors are awesome and it looks so perfect. I've been trying to make my very first handbag with no pattern, it's scary. :D Eveshouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I wish I got along with my sewing machine! I would totally buy one of these for myself and Jercie when she gets her scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is really nice! If you like you can add a link to your blog and a picture of something you've made yourself on my blog. Just check my latest blog post, it's really simple. Hope to see you there!
    Bye!
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  12. oohhh.... lovely handbag!!! i love the combination colors too..
    anyway, I'm lucky found your blog.
    I'm falling in love with the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so cute, I love the color and the fabric

    thank you for sharing

    Nelda

    www.multiculturacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!