Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reversible Car Seat Tents!!!

So I feel like I am so far behind on baby presents!  I have four friends that have had babies recently! Crazy how that works, but the point is that they have all had their babies and I still haven't given them a gift. I am a LOSER!!  I decided along time ago that I was going to attempt to make them all car seat tents! I have seen these all over the blogs and I think that they are brilliant! I know there are several different ideas on how to make them, so I put all my preferences together and got to work! 

I have only made 3 of them so far! Here is a picture of the fabric I used! I am so lucky to have such a great quilt store in the little town that I live in. The closest Wal Mart is 50 miles away and the closest craft store is 3 hours one way or 4 hours the other way! Needless to say our little quilt store is my sanity! It always has the cutest fabric. I especially love some of the boy fabric that they have in right now.  Alright, Alright I will stop bragging about our quilt store!
As I said I have 4 of these puppies to make, 3 boys and 1 girl.  I decided to make mine reversible, so that way my friends can change things up a bit when it gets dirty or something spilt on it they get sick of one print, then they can just flip it over!  It was a little extra work, but I love the versatility of both sides being used.  So, do you want to see some pictures or what?
Her is the little girl one! This is for Ruby!

Cars and Stripes! This one is for Mason!

Stars and plaid! This one is for Finn!

I used a cute decorative stitch around the edge! I couldn't get my camera to focus, so this is the best picture of the stitching!

I am also going to add a picture of one of the holders! I chose to use fabric and velco instead of ribbon or a button.


I am on spring break this week! Yes, I still get a spring break because I am a teacher and I look forward to it each year! I have been supper busy painting my kitchen a burnt orange! I will post pictures later this week! Few I am exhausted, but I can't quit I have only 3 days left to craft before I have to go back to work!



Photobucket




17 comments:

  1. I ♥ these! My sister is expecting, and would love this so much...hmmmm?
    Just stopping by from New Friend Friday! Have a wonderful day!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable... that fabic is to die for! : ) What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make some of these, but don't know anybody having a baby. I am a bit jealous that your kitchen is orange. I've been trying for year to get orange on some of my walls, but Mike won't let me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tents are WAY cute!!! Thanks for following me!!! I am following you too now!!! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Les! You are so crafty, talented, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely delightful! so very well done! I hopped over from Sew Dang Cute. I realized that I had never become a follower... so sorry for overlooking this! I end up here quite often checking out your pretties. Have a delightful weekend! Hope to see you back at my place. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and useful! Thank you for bringing your hodgepodge to my party! Hope to see you again.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be in the air...I just made 3 of those this week as well. Funny! Yours are "sew cute"!! I love the fabrics you chose!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great! I love that it is reversible! I need to make one of these for my next baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend was just talking about making one of these - great job! I am having a link party tomorrow (Tuesday) and would love to have you join in! www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO when I came home from my SPring Break, there was a package on my doorstep! I opened it and gasped!!! Oh my HECK! Those carrots are even better looking in person than on the web! I feel guilty taking them from you. I seriously am in love with them. The fabric is delectable. Thank you SO MUCH for giving them to me! I will display them proudly in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your car seat tents turned out great!! I love the fabric you used, and the decorative stitching is cute too!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie, this is pure genius! It looks less complicated than many I have seen. Fabulous tutorial!!! Thanks for linking up to Baby Week at Oopsey Daisy!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all adorable and I love the idea of making them reversible. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I am a teacher too. Thanks for sharing. My sister is expecting. This is my first time on your blog...so I'm going to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    -TepuiTents.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!