Sunday, February 27, 2011

St. Patrick's Day decorative felt balls!


Don't forget to link up your St. Patrick's Day crafts and ideas here!
For Valentine's day I wanted to make some felt topiaries, well that didn't happen!
So I decided that I would make some for St. Patrick's Day.
I got the felt back in January at Joann's for 50% of and a couple of the end of the bolts,
so I was way excited!
I have seen all those cute felt heart wreaths and now a couple of St. Patrick's Day wreaths and I have fallen in love with them. I never realized how many circles you need to cut out and how long it takes to put hot glue on each circle and shove each one into the styrofoam.
So after 120 to 130 circles for each felt ball this is how they turned out!


Of course to show them all off I added this fabulous subway art printable from eighteen 25!


I still haven't decorated for St. Patrick's Day so check back later this week for complete look with these cute felt balls!  I also debated back and forth whether I should make topiaries out of them or just place them on my candlestick holders that came from Wal Mart. I obviously settled on the candlestick holders!

5 comments:

  1. These are sooo cute. I did the Valentine wreath, but I just used straight pins instead of hot glue. Gonna have to make me some of these:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! New follower! You could make so many Holiday balls with this idea. LOVE IT!
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

    Found you on Handmade Projects, if you get a chance check me out!
    http://www.ruralgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love how they turned out, and I adore that printable. So fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I just have to say though that I absolutely love your blog name! That is so me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I would love if you linked your thumbnail to my parties page. :)
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!