Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hoo's got talent? (It's Back)

Life happens! 
It sure has been a chaotic mess with my job and family lately, so therefore my poor blog was put on the back burner! It all started back in September. As I have mentioned before I am a Special Needs teacher for the High School where I live. There were 3 teachers that started out at the beginning of the school year and by week #4 one of them was put on administrative leave. That teacher is still not back so the other Special Needs teacher and I had to take on several more students and split the case load. For those of you who are not familiar with Special Education each student has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan). Preparing for these meetings and making sure everything in the IEP is being met for each student takes a lot of time and paper work. I went into the education world to be a kindergarten teacher and ended up teaching Special Education. I have been teaching it for 5 years and I have to say this has by far been the hardest year! I come home crying almost everyday! I truly am having the toughest year and it has made me wonder why I continue to put my self and my family through this emotional roller coaster that I have been on.  Don't get me wrong I love parental support and teaching, but it is all the other drama that has piled up this year. I have a few parents that are horrible to deal with and have threaten law suits and all sorts of things. I am emotionally and physically exhausted! There is a Kindergarten position coming available next year and I am hoping to get it, to be able to be where my heart is. It is going to be hard because they don't want to let me out of special Education, but if they don't I am afraid i will have to find another job!
On top of my job not going well, I have had one sick baby! He started getting ear infections back in September and we could never get them to fully clear up. So on Dec. 28 he had tubes put in his ears. I thought this would be so much better, but then he ended up with respiratory pneumonia! Once we got that under control one of his ears got infected and he had to be put on antibiotics again. Then my 2 1/2 daughter got sick with tonsillitis!  It has just been crazy in my life. I also am the Young Women's president in my church and that takes several hours of my time as well. So even through this crazy time in my life I have found my stress relief to be creating new projects and decorating with them. I haven't stopped crafting, I just haven't had time to put them on my blog. So hopefully now the kids are done being sick and I can find some time to continue this blog. Thanks you to all my faithful followers for understanding and sticking by me!

So enough with the pity party, Let's get on to the real party.....



NightOwlCrafting



Here  are the rules!  
*Link-up your post not your main  URL to this party, then PLEASE include a link back to this page.
           *Make sure your link is to your specific post and not your main URL.
        *No Etsy pages or business websites please.
 *Include a short description of your project and the name
of your blog in your link up.
                * Visit at least 2 other blog links and show them some  love!
         *Grab the party-link button on the side bar so others can join the PARTY!





26 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're back! I'm sorry about everything you've gone through. I hope things start to look up for you. Can't wait to see what you've been working on. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I'm so glad you're back and hope that things will start to look up for you soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll get the Kindergarten position! :)
    Thank you so much for hosting the party!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just wanted to say welcome back and so sorry for the hardship. If you have a minute you might be encouraged to read this small post. http://bloggingthemoments.blogspot.com/2012/01/peace-of-mind-and-heart-doodles.html Again welcome back and linking up today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I'm so sorry. I truly wish there was something I could do to help you. Hang in there and know you're doing the right thing, taking care of you and your beautiful family first! Welcome back, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie! We missed you. Hope things get better for you :-) Don't give up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back! Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. It sounds cheesy, but try writing down a few things you're grateful for each day. Work might suck every bit out of you, but at least you're working. Or grateful that your husband made dinner, or your child drew you a picture. When we're thinking about what we're grateful for, it's literally impossible to focus on what's bad in our lives. It sounds crazy, but I promise, it works!! =) So... I'm grateful that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry life has been tough for you... I'm going through a lot too right now. I just try to focus on each day! xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you're going through a rough time! At least you still had crafting to ease your stress. I'm sure having something helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Sorry things have been rough for you. Especially the difficult parents, that sounds awful! I really hope you get that Kindergarten position that you want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry life has been such a roller coaster!! Being a Spec Ed teacher is a LOT of hard work! and hopefully you will be refreshed & renewed within the next several months!! :) thanks for hosting the link party despite all the busy things in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I checked your site and found that you were back. So sorry about your rough year. All the best for a much better 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! Its good to see you again :)
    http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH man--hope things get less chaotic for you now and that people stay healthy! I'm in YW too, so I understand at least that part of it. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the kindergarten job! Good luck!!!!!!!!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you're back. I'm also a special needs teacher and think what you and the other teacher are doing is incredible. Keep up the hard work. Take time for yourself and remember to enjoy your family. I hope you're able to get the job of your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! 2011 was a pretty tough year for my family too. Here's to hoping 2012 is so much better. Good luck on the new teaching job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard year. I'm a kindergarten teacher and have thought about teaching special education, but, unfortunately, the paperwork (and drama) seems to take over often so it has scared me away. I love teaching K though. I'm hoping you get that kinder job!! It really is the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I was an Early Childhood/Special Education Major and switched it to Elementary Education. I am currently taking a special education class. I have talked with the Special Education Coordinator at one of the schools I did my practicum in and could not believe how much work and juggling she had to do. It's a LOT!!! Good luck and I hope you will be able to be where your heart is very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry that you've had such a rough time lately. It really does sound like you've been through the ringer with not only everything with your job, but with your kiddos too! I'm glad you're back though and best of luck with the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Leslie! Sounds like a tough year, but I'm glad you're back. Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW what a couple of rough months!! I hope the new year brings peace and resolution to all the decisions you are making and continue to make each day! It's great to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's not a silly pity party! You are right- it is life! And I wish this was the standard for bloggers- that blogging is done in between life. Don't be sorry for not being here for us...who are we...your family needs you. Your job is important. We will still be hanging around...in between our lives, I hope, too : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. It can be so hard when your little ones are sick! Have you considered the possibility that the one with the ear infections may have a milk allergy? I've read that that can cause constant ear infections. Also, here is an article on Xylitol, with about halfway down the page a bit about ear infections. I can tell you that a few years ago my grandson was having ear pain (in the evening, of course!), and I started using the Xlear on him quite often. By morning he was already starting to feel better, but his Mom took him to the doctor to be checked. Turned out he had Strep, but was feeling much better than the night before. It was the first time I've ever known a child with strep to feel better before being on antibiotics for a while. He did take antibiotics, too, but his sick time was shorter and milder than it had been in the past. Just something to think about. We all use Xlear when we feel like we are getting sick - or even when we've been around others who are sick. Hope any of this is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry... I forgot the url:

    http://www.laleva.cc/food/xylitol.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry you're having such a rough year - you pretty much described the year I had last year, except I was a Dept. Chair instead of Sp.Ed teacher. I have a job at a new school now, and while it's not perfect, I can say the stress level (and paperwork) has gone way down. I hope you can find a position that's a better fit for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. As the momma of a 15 year old with special needs I just want to say thank you for all you do. I know it can't be easy. Those IEPs are in depth and to have several new ones thrown on you has to be difficult. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!