Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog Swapping with Mommas kinda crafty!

Today I am so honored to be swapping with Joy from Mommas kinda crafty! She always has the cutest posts and ideas. Get ready to be inspired!


I am so excited to be Blog Swapping with Leslie today! Leslie is truly one of my blogging heroes!  She is super talented and I love her cute blog. 
I am Joy from Mommaskindacrafty! 

I love all things crafty! 
I love things that are quick and easy in the kitchen, like these yummy









 I also LOVE Mod Podge!

Here is a Color Matching game I made for Mister C



And an Altered Clipboard for a  teacher Gift


I Love to Sew and Craft, especially for my Princess!


 Little Legging from socks!









Here is my latest project.  I just finished these as birthday presents for 2 sweet little girls that are soon to be my nieces.   Not quite as Fancy as the Tutu Bow holder I made for my daughter, but while I was making them, she kept telling me she wanted one like this.  Here's how I did it.


Simple Monogram Bow Holder


 Supply List:


Unfinished wood letter
Paint and brush
Clear Acrylic Sealer
1 12/" gossgrain ribbon
staple gun
 Flowers or other embelllishments
Glue gun

Sand your letters so there aren't any rough edges.  Then paint.  I gave mine 3 coats then decided to add some polka dots.  I did that with the end of a small paintbrush.

Let Dry, then spray with a Clear acrylic sealer



Then I measured 2 pieces of 1 12/" ribbon for each letter, 18" long.  I heat sealed the ends and stapled them in place.



 Added a little flower and button for embellishment and another ribbon for hanging.




I borrowed some of my daughters bows for the picture, but plan to make each of them  a few of their own.  Simple, easy, and I love how well the hair clips stay on the ribbon!

I would love to have you all pop over to visit ME!  I  have a Crafty link up every Friday and Saturday.   So please come join the fun.  Hope to see you all soon!






Party Button


And a HUGE THANK YOU to Leslie for swapping with me!







0 crafty hoots said...:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!